Ravi Mohan's Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dinner with HBS grads

I just finished dinner with a couple of Harvard Business School graduates, generally tossing around ideas about startups and so forth (Thanks Bharath, for making the introductions).

It is a great pleasure to talk to smart people, even when they have different focii from your own (in this case business models vs hard core tech). One of my friends keep pestering me to try for an Ivy League MBA because "you 'd fit in so well there!". I have no plans to do such an MBA but now I can articulate what I miss in Bangalore/India.

One of the strong attractions in moving to California (say) is that I could meet plenty of super smart people without trying very hard. It is possible in Bangalore/India but the effort needed is an order of magnitude higher.

No comments: